måndag 25 februari 2013

Recordshoppers Anonymous #14

Hey, they promised some sun and heat for next week... Looking at the weather forecast for next week the temperature will just barely reach over 0 and THAT is not spring weather. I need some sun and heat now! Sure, it was sunny today but still a few degrees below 0.
My cold has been bugging me since I got back from Dallas, waking up in the mornings with a soar throat and now when that finally has given up an endelss flood of snot harasses me. Very annoying, I don't want to be ill. Or really, if I could get ill for real, then it might go away at least.

Going home Friday I met up with Peter in Hässleholm, he'd been to the postoffice to collect the new Void Moon shirts. They turne out really nice. They're also uploaded in the Void Moon web-shop if someone wants to spend their money!!! Or a mail can also be sent to contact@void-moon.com We still have some CD's for sale as well. Peter talked a little about bundling the Shirt with the CD in some way but we'll see how that turns out. The shirts are €10, the CD's €12 plus postage...


Then Saturday we started off with a Void Moon rehearsal in the Void Mansion Rehearseroom/Studio. The aim was to play a little and start go through some new material. The session turned out really nice and the rehearseroom is great! Still need some small fixes to numb the sound a bit since the walls are concrete but it still is better than any rehearseroom I've ever had. Also, it's great to know that noone touches my stuff. Even if you share with bands you trust there's always something borrowed and not put back. Still need to have the Peavey fixed though, it didn't survive Dock's Rock's this spring... Perhaps when the travel allowance arrives I can hand it in for repair. Meanwhile the Valvestate Combo works but the sound is always better with a Amp Head and Speaker Cabinet.


My Transplanted Marshall (check out Tommy Folkesson, website only in Swedish though it seems like) sounds AWESOME though. I was a bit hesitant at first since it was a lot of Money to spend to get it fixed. But what good is a non-working Marshall doing in the rehearseroom? 4-channel Mark V it is now!

Then, when arriving from USA, I had a package waiting for me with some really nice music in it. Sure, it was nice to come back to Peter, the Cat and the Void Mansion but not the Swedish winter. But at least this package made everything a little brighter.



I think this was my second order from Underground Power. A quite small dealer but the service is awesome. Fast and smooth transactions and very reasonable prices, even for postage to Sweden. So apart from the vinyls I got Briar Rose, Icarus Witch and Gothing Knights. All of them really good but I think Icarus Witch has lost a bit of their uniqueness with the change of singer. It still sounds very good of course but it isn't anything really special anymore.

 
Of course, a few packages from other places had arrived as well so I sure have a lot of new things to listen to now.
But it didn't stop there, Peter picked up the package in the beginning of last week so I had a pile of records waiting for me at the kitchen table when I got home. Manilla Road, Helloween, Screamer, Persian Risk, Tyranex, Savage and Sentinel Beast. The Quartz CD was for Peter and the Attic CD... Well, still mine but I'm actually disappointed with it.  



In the same package the Blind Guardian box "A Travellers Guide to Space and Time" was stuffed in between the vinyls. Massive piece of work I must say. 15 CD's, Art Print, massive booklet and a guitar pick. Perhaps not all that necessary since I have most of it already but there are some really cool demos and such included as well. And it will look great together with the rest on the shelf.


 
So this weekend it has been a bit of war over the stereo! Peter is still in his Styx period but also has he been reading the Dee Snider biography so it has been a lot of Twisted Sister, Desperado, Widowmaker and such as well. And then me trying to get one of the new ones on in between the Dee Snider and Styx stuff! So it sure has been a weekend in the sign of music. Both playing, writing and listening a whole lot to new and old stuff. And all this to go with a few beers and great company, it really is awesome. Saturday was also Peter's birthday so after the rehearsal it all turned into a party. Or, some birthday dinner with Chicken Fajitas and Salsa from Hell. Habanero's are VERY spicy!!! But it tasted ok anyway and it was a very nice evening. Just unfortunate the weekend ended way to fast (as always).
 
Cheers
E
 
NP: GILLAN - Magic






Inga kommentarer:

Skicka en kommentar