onsdag 13 mars 2013

The demon god

ARGH, this damn cold just refuses to give up! I thought I was getting better by the end of last week but after a few hours walking downtown Stockholm Saturday changed that. Both me and Peter was frozen straight through both of us and afterwards our colds came back, mine in the worst way though. It must have been one of those man-colds!!! 
At least to cheer me up we got some good news for both Void Moon and Cult of the Fox. It seems like the Void Moon album "On the Blackest of Nights" will be available on vinyl in April, should be a good one.
Also, we got a releasedate for Cult of the Fox's second album "Angelsbane", that one will be out on CD on April 19th. AWESOME!!!

  
And also, title track "Angelsbane" is available as a sneak preview...

 
 
 But the weekend was really nice despite the cold!
The real reason for doing something special was because of my birthday, and Peter's a few weeks back too of course. The real plan was to see Blaze/Dianno in Stockholm Thursday, visit my parents Friday and celebrate a bit, see Candlemass, Wolf and Storyteller in Gävle Saturday and then go back to Sthlm for Manowar. Unfortunately the concert in Gävle was cancelled due to poor ticket sales they said. Really boring because I was really looking forward to see both Candlemass and Wolf

Still, we started off in Stockholm and warmed up for the show with some food. I couldn't really decide on a place since I was really hungry (missed lunch at work) so we sort of settled for the first place available. BBQ Place close to Hötorget, really nice food but it's not the coziest place. Peter took a Chili Burger but I had my mind set on Spare Ribs. The thing though, the dish was for 900g grilled BBQ ribs... Need I say I got stuffed?

 
The Blaze/Dianno concert was very nice too but Harry B James, as nice as it is to hang out at, really sucks as a concert venue. Hard to see anything if there's more than 20 people present. We were a bit lucky and got a table at a nice angle from stage and could stand on the chairs to see. The downside was that it was next to the door to the smoking area so it was very cold. But it was a nice evening, Nina joined me and Peter but unfortunately she had to leave just as Dianno started playing.

In Sandviken it still was winter and lots of snow. No new one though so no extra shoveling this time. We took the chance and went out for a walk in the sun too while up north, very cold but still nice because there was some warmth in the sun. These few moments just fed the irritation over winter, I'm SO SICK of the cold, sick of dry skin and electric hair... Still weeks of cold it seems like though.


Then we headed back to Stockholm, we had no real plan but since Peter haven't been there very much we thought we'd check it out a bit. Again we were way too hungry when heading out to find something to eat. Decided for the Pub Molly Malone around Odenplan. Nice food but both the Guiness and Kilkenny tasted sour, so only food and one drink there. Decided to go to Anchor afterwards instead. And it is just nice to sit there and hang and drink beer and watch people... Still an early night to be fit for the Manowar concert the day after. 



 
As mentioned, we went for a walk down town. The day looked very nice but damn it was cold! In Old Town a woman walked up to me saying "Hi Erika" and when I looked like a question mark she continued "now you need to think, don't you?". I couldn't for my life figure it out and search my brain for a reference, she was familiar but not more. It appeared to be an old schoolmate of mine which I don't think I've seen since the 9th grade or so... Strange and funny!'

But the Manowar concert was great!!! More on that on Metal Kaoz soon....


The only thing to complain about is that they don't allow any photographers at all. The light was great so it would have been a lot of fun to shoot it. The good thing though with absolutely no photos, no mobiles in the air either... No complains about anything when the band had left the stage though!

And also, in the misery of the cold, I got the new Vicious Rumors "Electric Punishment" for review! YEY!!! I know it will be better in a few weeks/months but it sure is kick ass already!!! So of course, this is the one that's been spinning ever since!

Well, back to coughing up alines...
Cheers
E

NP: VICIOUS RUMORS - Electric Punishment
 




 

 

Inga kommentarer:

Skicka en kommentar