onsdag 20 mars 2013

Cat on cat

During the night we heard a noise from the kitchen, of course the house makes a lot of noises all the time but this was something falling. Neither me nor Peter wanted to get out of bed to check it, we just assumed it was the cat making a mess.
And right it was! My thought was of course that he was on the flower I got for my birthday from Peter's parents (apparently it worked well as cat grass, yummy) but when I got down in the morning it was the egg clock looking like a fat and grumpy cat that was on the floor, in pieces... That cat BASTARD!! :O) He sure is good at making a mess. 


The weekend was spent curing my man-cold. It got a bit better during Saturday so I took the opportunity to write some reviews and reports for Metal Kaoz. Not the best idea since I felt worse for Sunday again. I decided to work from home Monday. So the driving from Höör to Borås happened yesterday instead. I took the car despite the warnings regarding snow chaos. I'm not sure if it was because it was Tuesday instead of Monday or if people had listened to the warnings and stayed home. The road was empty at least. Both from cars and snow... The roads was really dry and nice. 

But of course, it took the opportunity to watch a few movies during the weekend. I bought "Last Days Here" and "Så Jävla Metal" when we were in Stockholm. Both were actually very good. It was horrible to see Bobby Liebling when he was at his worst. Fascinating film though and it was a good deal at Bengans as well, so check it out!!! 


"Så Jävla Metal" was a bit the same as that "Metal History", by the guy from "A Headbangers Journey" only that "Så Jävla Metal" was a bout Swedish Hard Rock and Heavy Metal history. Cool interviews with bands from all time and genres but the nerd in me felt it was like most other documentary's, not deep enough. Well worth seeing at least, since it was both interesting and fun. The title sucks though I think (So fucking Metal).

And then a bit lighter entertainment too. I actually fell a sleep when we were watching Kenny Starfighter but that doesn't say anything about the movie in general. I normally do that. The other one Superhero Movie was actually very funny, same kind of humor as Naked Gun or Airplane. Exceeded our expectations a lot I have to say. I thought it would have been more like Scary Movie which of course is fun too but not close to Naked Gun and Airplane. But it was some really nice jokes in it, and it can't fail with Leslie Nielsen in a movie. Well spent 19SEK at ICA a couple of weeks back!

 
Of course I felt a bit sorry for myself since I was ill and I complained a bit that I didn't have any incoming packages to look forward to. Actually I didn't even have a clue what to look for at eBay. Patrik has become our personal shopper when it comes to new records and I get a package about every 6th week from TPL... But this time it was only two for me, Saxon "Sacrifice" on Picture disc and then the new Witchgrave. Nice of course but still... Both Peter and David got more than I did! So I started checking a bit and found a WHOLE batch on the Underground Power eBay page (had to leave a few ones I wanted because it got a bit expensive in total, damn good store that one). What I really like about it is that they have a whole lot of self released records, underground bands and an almost unlimited selection of US Power Metal, that I like. So when I get back to Höör again I'm sure I'll have a BIG package waiting to be picked up! 

But still some intense days at the office to go before it's weekend!

Cheers
E

NP: SAINT VITUS - "Lillie: F-65"
 

  

Inga kommentarer:

Skicka en kommentar