tisdag 19 februari 2013

Where's the sun?

I'm so sick and tired of winter now!! So sick of the dark and cold and not being able to walk properly without slipping. I want to be able to enjoy a walk outside without spending aeons getting dressed to not freeze. It was so nice last Friday when I was off work and could be out during the day, even if it was just +1C outside it felt like spring at least for a little while. And I'm looking forward to the BBQ season so much. Not only because of all cool spices I bought in USA, more in general to be able to be outside and prepare the food. 

But when I was Grocery Shopping last Friday (have put it as a habit to plan the food for the whole weekend and some to go as lunchboxes the week after and shop everything in one go) I overheard a communication when picking out vegetables for the food. 
One lady around 60 asks one of the store clerks (of course in the really Lazy Höör accent) "Are these the cocktail peppers?" while the clerk replies "No those are Habanero Fruits". I guess it would have been rather amusing watching the lady and her family eat that night if she hadn't gotten a reply on her question... 

But in these dark times I start to think about the upcoming Festival season... Of course, I'm not going to Up The Hammers this year, looking at the bill I would have loved to be there. Would have been really nice to see Raven, Widow, Damien Thorne, Hürlement and a few more. And of course to enjoy some nice Greek food and wine.


But Keep It True is approaching rather fast as well so I guess I need to start boosting for that one too! Also, what's really cool is that Dimitris and Maria from Metal Kaoz will join in this year, will be great to hang out.
As always the line up is killer and this year is really strong as well, Warlord, Medieval Steel, Jack Starr's Burning Starr, Legend, High Spirits I'm really looking forward too, and Steel Prophet of course, perhaps them the most. But I must say all bands on the bill are really good.


A few weeks into the summer it is time for Copenhell. Of course, they have a lot of Modern bands which isn't all that much for me. But King Diamond, Amon Amarth, Accept & Testament will make the visit worth while. Also, I'm actually looking forward to see In Flames again, it was ages ago since I last saw them. And even if I prefer their older records they've always been a good liveact.  


And then the Horror!!! Metal Magic clashes with Iron Maiden in Stockholm. Very tough choice. We have tickets for Maiden, both for Stockholm and Malmö. And we are playing Metal Magic with Void Moon so of course we have to be there at least that day... But there are so many cool bands on this Festival, like Hobbs Angel Of Death, Martyr, The Black, Nocturnal, Mortuary Drape, Black Oath... Awesome line-up and I think this strikes harder than Maiden in Stockholm. This since we can see them in Malmö anyway. 



And then Headbangers Open Air. I'm still waiting for the line-up on the Aftershow and I really hope I'll make it to the Warm-up this year as well. Last year we arrived a bit too late and couldn't really fit it into our schedule. But these events are so nice, it really is a party, everyone's hanging out outside Lauchbar drinking beer and talking before, after and inbetween the bands. Of course it's absolutely amazing to see bands in such a small place as this is too.  




The Festival is, just as KIT, amazing as always. Overkill, Metal Church, Vicious Rumors, Blood Feast, Demon, Stormwitch, Sleepy Hollow, Praying Mantis... Ah, it will be a tough one again. The only thing now that could beat this is if they add Sanctuary and get Mike Howe to sing a few tunes with Metal Church... (not that it's needed since the line-up is killer as it is). And I can't wait to hang out in the garden, drink the nice German beer and just enjoy life!




Then I really need to fit Swordbrothers into my schedule! Me and Berg visited the Festival a few years back and I've said I should go back each year since then but it never really fitted into my schedule. But this also is a very nice Festival, small and cozy and the line-up is killer (again) this year. I'm really happy to see that Morgana Lefay is back. Bollnäs Metal Trend it is then since Tad Morose played last year. JW, Shadowkeep, Lord Volture, Holy Martyr and Rebellion will be great to see as well.
 



But it still is winter and KIT, which is the first in line is still 2 months away, which means I have to live with the winter for about the same time (as everyone else in Sweden of course). Those few days of sun in Dallas sure made me long for warmer days like crazy.
Now it's all just work a few weeks, hopefully we will be able to confirm release-dates for the Cult Of The Fox album soon as well as the Vinyl release of the Void Moon album. That would be something really nice to look forward to.

At least I'll have a package from TPL waiting for me when I come home to the Void Mansion on Friday. And for now, lets say HAPPY BIRTHDAY to guitar icon and Godfather of Heavy Metal TONY IOMMI!!!

Cheers
E

NP: IOMMI - Fused




 

Inga kommentarer:

Skicka en kommentar