tisdag 29 juni 2010

On the edge, looking down

Sometimes it's hard to realize I've been missing out on a really nice thing all the years I've been living in my flat. Since neither me nor Peter really felt like party-hary on Midsummer we decided to stay home and have dinner on my balcony. The first plan was to set up a BBQ on the lawn outsde but there were some devastating clouds in the sky so we took place on the balcony instead. Never in the 13 years I've been living there I've been eating outside. Perhaps I tried once but that was before the roof was installed and then it was just extremely hot.

Peter very satisfied with a Kilkenny

Of course I forgot to take a picture of our nice buffet dinner with new potatoes, smoked herring, shrips, crayfish aioli and more. We thought we'd sit for a while and then take a walk. We ended up there the entire evening drinking beer, listening to music and just talking. Really nice midsummer.
And it was funny to sit up on the third floor, watching the neighbours trying to get a working BBQ dinner with two over energic kids, a huge dog and as soon as they turned their back at the food there were small birds, middle sized birds and big birds there trying to steal eveything!

In between cleaning the attic and the basement we took a walk in the sunshine. Ice cream is a must while cleaning and since I didn't have any at home we took the way through the park on our way to get ice cream.


No Ice cream here!!!

The downside with an extremly calm evening is all the mosquitos, both me and Peter got a lot of bites that itches like hell still. It sure is nice summer finally came to Sweden as well. These are the first really nice days we've had this year. Of course, it's been sunny but just barely over +20c before these days.

The evil spirit of the water (don't seem too bad I think)

Gavle-rive with the concert hall in the back

Even if it probably sounds like a dull weekend it felt great! Nice to be home with nothing planned what so ever. Can't remember when I had it like this last. Ok, Peter helped out a lot with cleaning and throwing things away. The attic was quite fast, it looked a lot worse than it was actually. The basement was worse, had to sort a whole bucket of bolts, screws, nails, tools, partex, clamps, swicthes etc. I start to realize that a lot of storage space isn't the best thing all the time... But now it's cleaned out, only the Volvo tyres left now! GREAT! I'm almost ready to go.




Fates Warning - Awakening The Guardian





Inga kommentarer:

Skicka en kommentar