fredag 11 juni 2010

Out of the closet, into the box

So, the test to get my flat looking like a real one has started. If I get the way I want it the photographer comes by on Wednesday June 16 and the add will be out on Hemnet on June 18th. It will be very interesting to see if someone wants to live in the place that has been mine for 13 years now. I thought I would be a lot harder to give it up but everything actually feels very good. My time in that flat is done, it's time for someone else to take over.
Anyway, I started a little about a week ago, emptied the brown oak-tree bookshelf, disassembled it a little and started dragging it up in the attic. There were really strong flashbacks from the renovation and I realized very quickly I don't want to carry everything up or out all alone one more time. This being the Sweden Rock week too, not the easiest thing to get someone to visit when carry heavy furnitures is on the agenda. Matte (Malu) said he was up for it and damn right, he showed up too! Can't thank him enough for that. Three IKEA-Billy's in the thrash, the rest of the brown heavy one up at the attic, also the big closet up on the attic. I don't know if I want/can bring them to the new place but I'm not ready to throw them out yet either. But I think I'll call some help organization for the oak-shelf and sofa at least.

Then we also took down my nice Jon Oliva's Pain backdrop and the whole flat changed. That's a 3x10m big backdrop which I wrapped half my flat in. Peter suggested I should just roll it lightly and push it into a corner. That ball would have consumbed half the flat. When I got it I was so curious to see it I opened it. Took me about 20 minutes to unwrap it so I could see at least a bit of it. Then it took me two hours to fold it back together again. It's very ungainly and hard to manage. I wonder how the reaction would have been on the ones looking at the flat, either the backdrop still on the wall, or rolled into a big ball covering half the livingroon. The wall is so empty even if the backdrop was quite anonymous anyway and there's a strange echo in there as well. Now only the rest remains, the clothes I still need together with guiars, records and other stuff and trash is ALL OVER THE PLACE, looks like hell really... But I have two more days to get it in order. Still doubt it will look like a "real" flat though but at least there will be some space to show off.
Speaking about Malu, isn't this a look-a-like so say? I found this time at Lagerhaus, couldn't resist really! Where you find Matte???

Then we've been to Muskelrock as well, Sweden's strongest Festival. We chickened out and decided to stay at Hotell Rådmannen in Alvesta instead of Camping this year. The weather was absolutely better than last year but it IS very nice to wake up in a bed, have access to toilet and start off with a nice Hotel breakfast. Also we had the chance to chit-chat a little with the bands who also were staying at the Hotel. Pagan Altar hng around the hotel the most and it was nice to see them again. Terry made excuses about his voice, a throat infection had been bugging him for a while. Ok, he wasn't as fit as he use to be but Pagan Altar still did an amazing gig. Even at a low point they hold extremely high standard! Awsome guys and an awesome (and probably one of the worlds most underrated) bands.

Else me, Peter, Uffe, David and Angelca together with a whole bunch of Metal Heads made mischiefs the whole weekend at Tyrolen in Blädinge! A really nice and funny weekend, I'll absolutely go back next year again.


Have a nice weekend!

Inga kommentarer:

Skicka en kommentar