måndag 21 juni 2010

Heavy Metal Thunder

The week passed very slowly and before anyone could react the weekend was over and it was back to work again. This weekend felt extremely short. Ok, I was still pretty beat since all packing and carryin boxes but still, weekends aren't normally THIS short.
I picked up Peter at the station around 9pm Friday night and we really didn't do much. Both of us was really tired so we decided to skip Monster and be fit for Saturday instead. There was a small event at Bryggeriet Metal Club, local grindcore Corrosive Carcass and Entrench from a town a few miles away. Both did great but it wasn't the same frenzy as it normally is at Bryggeriet.

It's still very nice to be there, hang out, talk and drink the Sandbacka Beers. This time there were 5 different types available. Amber Lager, Christmas Lager, some Ale's. It's a shame really, that I don't remember but it has it's reasons. That Christmas special is VERY strong, worse than crazy Belgian beer even. But it tastes very nice! We also had an invitation to my parents for dinner before the event. We finished off my Patrone Aged Tequila before we left and everyone knows what Tequila does to you!


One of the few pics of Corrosive Carcass that wasn't ALL HAIR!


And this is how happy you get after a few Sandbacka Beers!
Sunday was another tired day. We tried to clean the rest of my flat to make it representable for the buyers. Apparently the add got 291 hits the first week. I don't know if that's good but to at least it sounds promising. I just want this to be over now so I can relax at home and not clean like Monica Gellar all the time.

The afternoon and evening was spent watching movies. I've been thinking of ordering the Saxon documentay, Heavy Metal Thunder for weeks. When I got home last Friday I had package in the mailbox. Opening I realized I actually DID order it afer the concert in Edinburgh in November or so. A pleasant surprise, absolutely and it was great to see all those clips. The only thing to complain about was that they rushed over the late 80's and newer albums.

I can strongly recommend the movie though. It was very interesting and parts were hilarious. Bands really need to do things like this. Seeing this it shows how important it can be to document even minor things.
This week will be mainly spent in Borås. We decided to travel today already to avoid having to get up in the extreme hours of the morning. Don't like to take the 05:26 train anymore. We arrived in time for dinner and since it was a very nice afternoon we ate outside and then took a walk in the central Park.

Sunset over Nissan

Rabbit that needs to go to the toilet?

There's a lot of statues and art i the city. Some nice, some odd, some very strange and a few cool ones. This Bunny is funny though, looks like he's about to pee in his pants or so!

Borås seem to be a very nice town. Cozy restaurants, the park, the river and that old charm whith a lot of older buildings. There's a lot of wooden houses in the City Center still. Most of those in Gävle burned in the last city fire in 1869...

Now I'm having two days of work hard work in front of me now! Whole day meeting tomorrow. A lot of meetings on Wednesday too... Feels like I'm not doing anything but talking from time to time.

At least there's a long weekend after these days. Of course, that mean more packing, sorting, throwng things away but the good thing with that is that the move is closer to done the more I work now. And this weekend Peter will help too! It's his time to carry heavy stuff now!


Cheers

E


NP: Saxon - Lionheart







Inga kommentarer:

Skicka en kommentar