tisdag 5 maj 2015

Finish what I started...

That seems to be very hard at the moment, at home, at work, everywhere. I have a lot of things that should be done or should have been done a long time ago. Ok, work has been rather smooth lately, it's just the last couple of weeks I can't find the peace and quiet time (or inspiration for that sake) to complete the documentation I should...
And of course, being away during the weeks makes it hard to work with pictures. Writing on the other hand is progressing, not finishing anything though... I'm also trying to finish the plans for this summer, which Festivals to go to and when to take some time off of work.

Muskelrock is first up now. That's going to be fun, a lot of good bands as always. I'm especially looking forward to see Ashbury again since I really enjoyed their show at KIT. Then Citron, Anvil, Tyranex, Portrait, The Rods, Ice Age and a few more.

I really hope the weather will be fine though since it can be damn cold in the evening at the end of may. No camping of course, Rådmannen in Alvesta is close and comfortable so there's no use suffering in a tent!!!

After Muskelrock we'll go to SwedenRock for one day, Saturday. The line-up is great and I have to see Exciter & Riot V again when they're as close as this. Then also Nuclear Assault, Ace Frehley, Judas Priest and a few more makes it worth the visit.

But, one more thing I need to squeeze in is a Vicious Rumors show. They only play a select few gigs and I have it hard to get it into my schedule. At this point Leiden is the one I'm aiming at.
Seems to be easy to get from Schipol to Leiden at least and it can be good for me to build some bonus points with KLM also. Plus they had very decent flights to Amsterdam... I just wonder how I should manage to squeeze in all work in between the Concerts and Festivals... 

The KIT weekend was great! So many cool shows it's hard to pick a favorite. That has normally been clear after each Festival but not this time. Riot V and Exciter are strong candidates but we'll see...

I've been trying to walk home from work on a few occasions lately when it hasn't been raining. I really hate the buses so an hour and 15 minutes walk is an easy trade. I get some time to listen to music. Today I picked up Vicious Rumors "Electric Punishment". It was a while since I last listened to that record and as with all Vicious Rumors records, when they've had some rest, I'm always surprised that they are better than I remembered. I think it has it all, the riffs, the fines, just as the classic albums. I'm really looking forward to some new stuff. I really liked Brian Allen but it will be very interesting to see what Nick can do. He sounded amazing live at least. Listening to music sure makes the walking easy at least.

Cheers
E

NP: Vicious Rumors - Electric Punishment
 
 

Inga kommentarer:

Skicka en kommentar