tisdag 8 januari 2013

Void Mags and Recordshoppers Anonymous #11

First day back in the office after a rather long vacation. Actually, to my own surprise I've been able to take it really easy and really forget about work. I felt completely lost coming back this morning, especially when my colleagues started to referr to meetings held before Christmas. Had to think hard (not so long though) to get everything back in mind. But I guess that is a good sign.
Peter the poor guy had to work all days so me and the cat had the house (and a christmasham) to ourselves.


It was a well needed vacation though, I do feel a lot more rested now which is good because there will be some very busy weeks to come. Hopefully this first one will start off a little bit slow at least, would be nice. Also, with some luck there are some travels to be done in the near future, I hold my thumbs for that!

Anyway, we finally got our issue of German Mag Legacy! 
 Void Moon is featured in 1½ page interview including a big picture. Even if my old bands were featured in the local newspapers it feels really strange to read a real mag and find myself in it. Of course it is in German and I can't get so much of that but it should be good since I've seen some of the "English original" version before it was submitted. There was a really nice review in Legacy as well, really nice one 14/15!!!!
Also, we got a review in Rockhard, has well in German but it should be positive, at least we got 7,5/10.

Samples from the "On the Blackest of Nights" can be found on youtube, as this one for example;


Then I spent the real last day, Friday that is, of my vacation in Malmö city center. It was quite a while since I was there so it felt good to take a stroll around. My main targets was the Comicbook/Record store, Rundgång Records, Skivesset and Repeat Records. Managed to squeeze in a coffee break as well. But then it was a day filled with record shopping! VERY NICE! Found a few goodies like, Bloodgod, Holocaust, Fastway, Battleaxe, Seventh Void, Max Havoc (VERY nice early US Metal, never ever heard of before) and Americade... That was pure shite though, really louse sing along hardrock, cheese, glam, shopping mall hit music. Dave Spitz was in the band so I really thought it should be a little better quality. Hawkwind, Demon, Triumph and Runaways I actually bought when I was in Sandviken!



And then a batch of Scandinavian Metal as well. 220 Volts is always nice and for some reason this was missing in my collection. Zero Nine was better than I expected. I saw them opening for Ac/Dc ages ago and then they didn't impress me. Jerusalem sounds ok on and off but both the Swedish and the damn Jesus-nonsense becomes a bit too much. And the last one, a really goodie, Lynx... I know I've seen pictures of it, most likely in the Encyclopedia Of Swedish Hardrock & Heavy Metal. Well, it wasn't amazing but really decent Heavy Metal, and Swedish such from 1985 isn't all that common. 



After a few hours of shopping for me, Peter was let out of work and we met up for Burgers at Tusen & Två. One really nice Burger Joint in Malmö, specialized in just Burgers. My choice for the evening was the "Texas Burger", which whiskysauce, bacon, fresh chili and onions! Really nice! Peter is a daredevil and ordered the one with ingredients none of us knew what it was even!!!!

But now it is all work again!!! And I need to sort out my list of the year as well!!!

Cheers
E

NP: WILDESTARR - A Tell Tale Heart





Inga kommentarer:

Skicka en kommentar