måndag 14 januari 2013

Recordshoppers Anonymous #12





So, the new year started nice when it comes to record shopping. Actually, it ended VERY NICE too as we had a house warming party slash new years eve celebration in the Void Mansion. We were supposed to be 13 people in total but in the last minute a few fell out due to illness. The remaining 9 had a really good time though. My challenge was to prepare a candlelight supper for all of us. I skipped the starters though, we had some chips and dip instead. But one dish with meat and one vegetarian went down well, then some Mango Sorbet floaters for dessert, not in soda though, sunk it in Cava. Also popular!

Anyway, this cool one I got my hands on. Had to push the seller a bit to open the auction since the listing was only fir US. That, in combination with the size, this was an M will reduce number of bidders a lot. (got my hands on a Small Savatage original "Power of the Night" shirt a while ago as well for a really decent price), so very good for me!!! It arrived safely together with a signed copy of "Handful of Rain", only that it was a Queensryche CD in the box. Don't care though, I wanted the shirt and the price was very fair, and I don't want to buy signed stuff anyway.


Then I took the chance to complete, well almost, the collection of Digi-pack re-prints of all Savatage records. I had a few since before but the rest was purchased when I had some time off and time to roam eBay. Not all necessary of course but I like it when they print on the back as well. Still need to find the last e though, should be "Still The Orchestra Plays". Ear-Music's page has been down a while so I couldn't check it though.

  
And while I was at it, I found that TSO had released some new stuff. One EP and then a TSO "Piano Tribute". Ok, that has nothing to do with the band but it was cheap and fun to listen to. It actually is a bit crazy ow big TSO is the USA... I would really like to see them live again, so I guess I should put it in the to do list to check out the dates for the next tour ( a whole year to plan it leaves me).



Then two more purchased directly from the bands. Sledge Leather played KIT last year, of course they were good but not as impressive as I expected. However, listening to this album it was everything I expected. True American Heavy Metal. Very good. The only downside is that it only is 31 minutes long... 




The other one, Colossus "...and the Sepulcher of the Mirror Warlocks", A bit odd Heavy Metal, partly classical sounding, parts in the veins of Slough Feg. And it sure as hell sounds very different from many other bands popping up these days playing Classic Heavy Metal. That I like... So these two, among many others has been spinning during my Christmas vacation. And I can't state it enough, I needed that break. It was so nice to have several days at home with nothing planned, hang out with the cat, write a little, fix a little with the house and also get back the urge to dig up and listen to new music! I wonder how many days I can get off for easter... Hmm, probably should apply for that now already...

I got a few more coming in (need to keep the new postman busy you know) this week as well, I hope... But that's another story!

Cheers
E
 
NP: BLOODY HAMMERS - Bloody Hammers
 









Inga kommentarer:

Skicka en kommentar