onsdag 30 januari 2013

Recorshoppers Anonymous #13

Well, as I mentioned earlier, the postman had been nice enough to drop of a few packages in our mailbox during the week while I was working. Ok, the one from TPL Peter had to pick up from the Schenker Terminal though  but that was done and also was waiting for me. So it has been a weekend digging into a lot of music, that's for sure.
Also, last weekend me, Peter and David discussed if we could co-ordinate the shipments from  TPL and have everything in one pack since first, we are neighbours and now, I only get mine about every second month. And the want list I've sent in to TPL is rather long so it could be beneficial to have smaller batches of records to pay each time even if I love it when the postoffice complains about having to carry too heavy boxes!!!


So, this time featured Thor and UDO for Peter, Jamson Raid, Cirith Ungol, Omen, Sabbath Assembly and Fates Warning for me. Some just like to have from a collectors point of view, like the Fates Warning "A Pleasant Shade of Gray". Still that one in particular is one of my favorites ever. Im really looking forward to the new Fates Warning release as well, which should be out before the summer I think.
And then I realized it is not always fun to listen to these old dug up tapes. I love Jameson Raid's music and Terry Dark is very cool. Of course the songs are good but the sound not too much fun for "The Beginning of Part II".



Included was a few CD's as well. Death SS, Tank and Troubled Horse. The last one of those three I never expected to buy but since I really liked the latest Witchcraft, and it has gotten cool reviews from people who has about the same taste in music as I have. A good one but not as good as the latest Witchcraft album!
Then I finally got the thumb out and ordered the new Vicious Rumors live "Live you to Death", it's really strange that it took this long to get it since I normally always pre-order releases from my favorite bands. But I guess moving and such was enough during the fall last year. Killer album still! Also, Wildestarr's new one "Tell Tale Heart" is a really good one. London has grown a lot from last album and this, as the last one, holds killer songs.
And then Tank "War Nation", that's also one I should have bought half a year ago. Especially since "War Machine" was high on the list of best albums in 2010... i guess "War Natioin" should have been on this year's top 10 but as you see, I started digging into it too late.

The one that has been spinning the most is Colossus "Drunk on Blood", just as good as "...and the Sepulcher of the Mirror Warlocks", ok it feels the band has developed between the two releases and found a more stable own sound. But it sure is there on "Drunk on Blood" as well even if the influences becomes a little too obvious from time to time. Still a very good EP. And that is strange, normally band squeezes in as manu tunes as possible which results in a record that's too long to dig into. While the amazing Colossus just tosses out EP's, even one step down from what they releaed on these would still be better than most bands playing Classic Metal. I'm still waiting for "...and the Rift of the Pan-Dimensional Undergods", then the discography is complete. Hope it will be waiting for me when I come home next weekend.

And then I also had a package with Promos from Emanes Metal Records. Also a very nice surprise. Sin Starlet, Omission, Infinite Translation and Warckon, all of them sounding quite cool. Sure it means work but that's not such a big deal when work means listening to cool records.

 
So I know what to do this week! I still have a few ones to review that's in the backlog, the issue is that it is very hard to find inspiration to listen to records outside my taste when I have such a nice batch to dig into... Also, all bands that gets to release records doesn't really qualify for it. Or perhaps it's just me that don't get all of these new genres...
 
 
And it sure is time to start to plan for the Festival/Concert season now. We've booked Hotel for Muskelrock, will book the KIT flights (and plan a KIT Warm-up Party), tickets for Manowar, Northern Lights Winter Nights, Blaze/Dianno is getting together nicely. And there are some concerts in Gothenburg too that I would like to go to! We'll see what happens!
 
Meanwhile, when not listening to all newly bought stuff I'm charging for KIT. I've been listening to Steel Prophet most of last week, damn they're good!!! And what a vocalist Rick Mythasin really is! Gonna be awesome at KIT, Steel Prophet were really good at Sweordbrothers Festival a few years back but I'm having a feeling it will be better this time.
 
Cheers
E
 
 

NP: STEEL PROPHET - Unseen


Inga kommentarer:

Skicka en kommentar