tisdag 1 februari 2011

LOUDER please!

Yesterday was just one of those days that have the ultimate ups and a lot of small but extremely annoying downs. In the morning I had a mail waiting for me from Tommy Folkesson saying my amp was done and he was going to send it on Monday morning, available for me to pick up on Monday afternoon! SUPER!!! I’ve been looking forward to play my Marshall again. The few minutes it sounded ok before the fix was so cool. Ok, I would have loved to try it out with my new Mockingbird but one can’t get it all, right?

My good mood stayed almost the entire day. Some annoying work discussion bummed me out a bit but all that was gone as soon as I started to think about my amp again. Then packing everything to leave the office the zipper on my backpack broke. I managed to close it as much as nothing would fall out at least and headed for the bus. It was really chilly and humid out so I tried to zip my jacket. It felt a little strange going up and I can see how it opens again when looking down. Then the whole mechanism falls off. I admit I start to get really annoyed here. Today I dug out another one from the closet, my dad’s old suede blazer. It’s warm and cozy and zips with buttons but it looks very Hippie… Oh well… Guess I need to go for a shopping spree soon.


My amp has got a new heart

Then I had to take the decision of if it’s ok to walk for 25-35 minutes from the rehearse room to home with an open jacket, take the bus downtown and wait for the next one for about 20-25 minutes to go home. Take the bus directly from the pick-up and carry the amp the last 500-700m… It weighs about 20kg + the new (4-channel) footswitch… I decided none of these were a good idea and picked up my amp from the jolly guy at the bus gods service and headed for the cab station right across from the pickup.

There’s a new Taxi company here… They yelled at me last time when I didn’t want to go with them, at that time I’d already booked with the company I have to use for work-travel. No matter what, not a very good first impression! Now there was only that new company available. I decided to try them and got into the cab. The driver was a nice elderly guy with an Arabic-Finnish accent who probably won his license at the lottery. He was driving very slow and fitfully stopping for Green light almost. Sometimes it felt like he was trying to take as long as possible to get me home. Ok, the cab ride wasn’t more expensive than the other companies and I got home alright so I shouldn’t complain I guess.

I still really wanted to play and started up my computer to amuse myself a little with Cubase. Then the trial version of Amplitube had expired and some white noise was floating around in the speakers… Really annoying so no dist for me. Ok, it worked quite fine anyway but a heavy riff without dist sounds a little bit funny… Peter helped me when he got home and now the Amplitube is working again and I got some stuff recorded. That’s good. Now I need to take action with the new Mockingbird changing to thicker strings (Ernie Ball 9-46 is the thing), balance the Floyd and tune it. Then it should be ready to rock.

But I think I've spoilt the cat really bad! He's just meowing in the kitchen all the time I'm at home scratching on the fridge or the door to the cupboard the cat food is kept in!

Nice-pose

The weekend was amazing though. Friday morning we hit the road heading for Oslo and Metal Merchants Festival. We were fortunate enough to find a good deal at the Radisson Blue hotel including the breakfast buffet. But you never know with these luxury hotels, how they will react when you arrive. No problems this time, the clerk was really nice and checked us in. You never really know, sometimes the staff is nice but they give you the look as if you’re not worthy of staying at the hotel. Luckily not this time, and there were other Metal Heads on the Hotel as well.

The Festival was a killer, all bands did really good, over my expectations all of them but I think Procession won it all. Elixir and Nuclear Assault wasn’t far behind though so it might change later on when I’m going through everything for the report.

Cheers
E





NP: Elixir - All Hallows Eve

Inga kommentarer:

Skicka en kommentar