söndag 13 februari 2011

Tonight he grins again

This weekend I've been home all alone, or I've been a grass widow as it is called for real. No man, no cat... It has been SOOOO quiet and empty here. Peter had to take the cat to Malmö when he left for work last Monday since I was in Tallinn for a few days. Yesterday Peter was at Tomas place recording drums for the next Void Moon demo. Today he and the rest of Cult Of The Fox is recording drums for the first three tracks for the Cult Of The Fox record. Of course I could have joined in at both sessions as well but travel again on Saturday and Sunday wasn't anything I was up for.

Nope, I've spent the weekend in the couch it feels! Nooo, I haven't been that lazy, I've actually been writing a lot. Record reviews, concert reports and a lot of picture editing. So, not so much relaxing infront of the TV as I've planned. Almost no cleaning done either for that sake. I did plan for it but not as a top priority task. I've also realized my new computer has it's own life, closing down the blog while I'm writing. Not only that one, pictures, documents... You name it!


And I also took the opportunity to spend some hours in the rehearse room, practicing the stuff first on my list of things to record. But since the car is in Malmö with Peter and it still is too slippry for the bike I took a nice stroll in the sun with my Black Beauty. Of course I waited too long so I was really hungry when getting to the rehearseroom on Saturday. Not a very good session but it's nice to hear how good the Marshall and the guitar sounds.

Sunday's session was better. My fingers started to hurt and I realized I've been playing for over two hours. Ok, not THAT much but I'm a little out of shape you know... One thing's for sure, I can't WAIT until I get to play live again!


Then what... I was actually quite chocked to learn that Greg resigned from Metal Temple, then the road turned tim after time and the result became a little confusing for me. Since I don't know what's behind it all I'm not going to comment or speculate. But the result is that a whole bunch of Metal Templars quit and created Metal Kaoz instead. For now I'm assigned to both... What will happen in the future we'll see. But I've split everything equal between the two zines for now.
Metal Kaoz went online in the beginning of February. I think it looks really cool. Of course there's things to fix still and it will be a tough deal to build up the archive for credibility but fun too on the same time. I really like the section with unsigned bands and the monumentum, reviews of old records and more...


The main deal is really that I don't want to let anyone down, not the zines, not the bands I'm writing about or the promoters that has been helping me out with photopasses, press tickets etc. Hopefully it will not be a problem... The good part is that there's two really good zines now!


The spring will be very busy. I found the new Vicious Rumors tourdates on the web too! I know they're playing at Keep It True as well but then it will be a special event and I HAVE to see at least one ordinary show too. My first plan was Berlin, we'll see what can be done about that. I don't think it will be too popular to ask for more days off from work.
"Razorback Killers", the soon to be released VICIOUS RUMORS album sure is the thing I'm most excited about for now. It's been a dry season for releases but no matter what, I know this one will be on the top of my list for best albums of 2011.

Just listen to this;

Metal masters VICIOUS RUMORS have just signed with german label SPV/Steamhammer for the world except Japan. The new CD "Razorback Killers" will be released world wide March 2011. The new Album is VICIOUS RUMORS at their very best!

VICIOUS RUMORS mastermind Geoff Thorpe has put together 10 power tracks full of killer guitars and melody's. Larry Howe is the thunder hammer on drums, new vocalist Brian Allen has a wicked high range and power while Kiyoshi Morgan shredding on guitar and Stephen Goodwin pounding on bass. Songs like "Razorback Blade" is a speed metal anthem, "Deal with the Devil" and "All I Want Is You" are classic VICIOUS RUMORS!! The thrashing "Axe to Grind" and "Murderball" is pure power. Produced by Geoff Thorpe for GTM World Wide and Juan Urteaga of Trident Studios (Machine Head, Ted Nugent, Nightranger) "Razorback Killers" is a real metal classic !


So right now March feels too far away! I really can't wait to hear this album!

Cheers
E





NP: Vicious Rumors - Welcome To The Ball





Inga kommentarer:

Skicka en kommentar