måndag 3 januari 2011

DAMN!!!

I decided it was time to use Mr Jackson for the next Cult Of The Fox rehearsal but yesterday when Peter and me was going to look at some new stuff and go through songs I haven't learned yet I got problems with the guitar. The D-strings fine tuning was feeling very loose and didn't respond at all. The string was out of tune as well and that's not what it uses to be with this guitar. It's normally VERY steady.


I took a look at the bridge and tuning knob and one of the stops was pointing in a slight different direction than the others. A little touch and then with a "pioing" sound the string was loose and Peter got the rest of the string-lock on him on the other side of the room...

So now I guess I will learn exactly how a Kahler Tremolo is working. The next bad thing is that their's no Swedish retailer for this brand. So I guess I need to import from the US... Luckily I have my Guitar Guru Jögge (he's the guitarist/vocalist of Death Metal band Dead Awaken)who I can ask for anything when it comes to guitars. With some luck he do have spareparts at home for this already, else we'll work something out. Perhaps at least I can get the name of the part I need from him so I don't have to send these pictures to Kahler and ask what I'm supposed to get.

I even asked Jögge if he had some cool new guitar for me, even if I've said I DON'T NEED another guitar just before Christmas.... (who am I kidding? There's always room and need for one more guitar) but he was on vacation and not back in a few days and then the rehearsal won't be fixed anyway so I guess I can wait and use some of my other guitars.
The next bad thing is that I only have my Schecter Elite-007 in Malmö... It's a good guitar, no doubt about that but I haven't played it much lately and the 7th string is sort of in the way and it has an active EMG picup. It's ok with the Marshall but it's way too hard to control with the Peavey... So we'll see how the rehearsal tomorrow will go. It will sound A LOT that's for sure, good is another question.

Well, time to hit town and see if I'll get lucky!!! (find the part for Mr Jackson that is)
Cheers
E






NP: Procession - Destroyers Of The Faith

Inga kommentarer:

Skicka en kommentar