tisdag 7 januari 2014

Vows of the new-year...

Naah, I'm not making any new-year-promises I can't keep... I always try to say I should go to the gym, drink less beer and do more of this and that. One thing though I realized during the Christmas-vacation is that I need to allow myself to rest on occasion. So perhaps that can be it? It's not as easy as it seems. At least I shall make sure to keep a good balance, try to keep to regular work-weeks and do what I enjoy which is pretty much what I've been doing lately as well but hopefully the work-situation can be kept in better shape than it has been. I enjoy what I do but life isn't work!
Another thing stating that is how damn long it took to get rid of the cold that hit just before Christmas. Had a bit of a problem the last few days in the office since I felt ok but my voice was completely gone. Had to have someone speaking for me all the time so I wrote on the Chat-program and someone else red it...

So, apart from sleeping during the vacation me and Peter arranged a new-year's party. I realized I'm not very good at calculating amount of food for 10 persons. We had leftovers for days after. Ok, the food was really nice so I don't really mind but regardless how good it tastes it's boring to eat the same thing 4-5 days in a row.
The deal was that everyone should bring something and of course it was plenty of everything, chips, dip and icecream, sauces lasted for days also.
I decided to serve Heavy Metal Wine to the dinner also, so there was one bottle of Ac/Dc Wine, one of Motörhead Shiraz and one Slayer... The Slayer got the best feedback from the guests! 

Also, we almost managed to get rid of all Beer's and such from the Wedding Party. Sure, it's nice to have beer at home but the amount we've been trying to finish during the fall was actually crazy. And not the most fun brands either.

Then we started recording some new Void Moon stuff. The plan is to release an EP during the year at least. Exactly when and how we don't know yet. That time will tell. But Thomas put down the drums and I've been working on some guitars. Not used to be playing several hours per day a few days in a row I tell you. Damn my fingers hurt now! But it starts to sound rather good and it will be interesting to hear when it's finished. Still not really happy with everything but I do have more time before everything should be finished. Also, if everything goes according to plan a really cool guest will appear on this recording.

We also decided to go out on a small roadtrip yesterday. Just to do something more before it was back to work again. Just checked out the villages around Höör though and since it was a Bank Holiday it was rather dead everywhere. The day was rather grey also, felt like it never became daylight but I guess it's the time of the year. Days like that I really miss snow. 
But we found some cool ancient Grave-sites, from 500 and 600 AD... It's fascinating to think that people has been walking around where we live a century ago. But it would be even cooler to get to visit that age and just watch for an hour or so... But perhaps it's more interesting around 1000 AD when the Vikings roamed the country.

 
So, that was the last few days of vacation. This morning it was back to work... Felt rather dead when the alarm went off. But I doubt I was alone feeling that this morning. So now, and a few weeks forward all to look forward to is work I guess. Takes a few more weeks before the concert season starts. I don't have very much planned, yet...

Cheers
E

NP: JAG PANZER - Shadow Thief
 


 

Inga kommentarer:

Skicka en kommentar