onsdag 29 januari 2014

Shot in the dark

Well, I've had my eyes on it for a while now, been reading a bit and checking comments. And it seems that everyone is all happy with it. I'm talking about the Canon EOS 5D MkIII with a Tamron 24-70 2,8 to go with it. In most cases I'm really happy with my 50D and the 17-50 lens but there's so much difference between the 70-200 and 17-50, it never gets as clear with the 17-50 as it does with the bigger one. The downside is of course that it needs to be BIG concerts to be able to use the big one. I want the tight, close and fast pics to be as clear and sharp as well. Apparently the 24-70 should be. Also, to get to higher ISO than 2000 makes the pictures very grainy, arty it becomes but that's not what I want.
So yes, I've ordered it... Went to talk to a really nice salesman at MediaMarkt and he promised to get back with delivery date and more info today, which he didn't. Gonna call back tomorrow to check it.

I think the combination will be very good, I do think I will miss the last few steps towards fisheye. Especially at smaller concerts... Of course, there are lenses available for a full format camera as well, rather expensive though.

I hope the performance on higher ISO will be as much better as the reviews and information describes, if so, this will be awesome. And I can't wait until I get the chance to try it out (yeah, yeah, I know, I need to get it first...) on a concert and see if it is as good as they say.

Got some things coming up so I will have opportunities to shoot!

Cheers
E
NP: SLAUTER XTROYES - Winterkill
 


 

Inga kommentarer:

Skicka en kommentar