lördag 12 mars 2016

Operation Mindcrime

Even if it's nice to visit mom it's still really good to get back home to Peter and the Cats after a few days up north. Ok, Peter's actually away rehearsing with Goatess this weekend so me and the cats are having a party by ourselves in the Void Mansion. I miss him of course but it's good to get some time at home and not having to be social and just to clear out the Metal Kaoz stuff so I won't build another back-log. I still have a few things to complete but the progress is good.

It's always fun to do it also, and with the batch of records I have for review right now it's all just fun. And I actually didn't think so but I must say I really enjoyed the Soulfly, King Parrot & Incite gig in the beginning of the week. Picture editing for that tonight.

Right now I have Mightiest, Salem, Savage Master, The Temple, Anthrax, Ereb Altor and Mob Rules to dig into. It's quite many but the hardest is actually to sort out which one to listen to next. All really appeal to me so it's a pleasurable problem I have... I think Salem is the one that struck the hardest though.

But, it seems like it will be a very good record year this year too. Sarasin and Sleepy Hollow struck very hard when I got them, and now Salem. Then Metal Church, Martyr...
I've pre-ordered both in some nice bundles and hopefully they'll show up the coming weeks. I didn't take the pack from Rat Pak Records where Mike Howe is calling but the second biggest with an additional T-shirt for Peter and one Mike Howe shirt for me.

I'm also checking if it will be possible to see them at one or so of the dates in May. Z7 in Switzerland is very tempting since Riot V is on the bill there as well. Not the best day though since it's a mid-week show.

Then the Martyr pack. I really wish I could have gone to the release party but I guess I need to realize I can't do everything I want. There's just not enough time for it.


I also ordered the deluxe version of the Baltimoore collection. I have far to few of the releases but I do like the ones I have and on the rare occasion I've actually seen them or Björn Solo live it's been absolutely amazing. What a voice, what a feeling.


And then of course the Saxon 9-LP box. That one will be awesome. I think it's the fattest LP box I have... Perhaps Iron Maiden "First 10 Years" with 10 2x12"'s is bigger. But it sure is cool! 




So I for sure have a lot of incoming goodies now the last two weeks of march or so. 

And there's more to come... I've already mentioned Salem and to stay in the same genre I have to say I'm looking forward to the new Cloven Hoof. 

 

 And then of course Assassins Blade (ok ok, yes I've had access to this one for some time for obvious reasons but it's still cool when it's done and it's an actual product)


So it looks like the goodies will keep coming. 
Also when we're talking about concerts it will be a good year. Upcoming is Exodus, Symphony X, one more Dirkschneider / Anvil show, Overkill, Spiritual Beggars and some more. 
I bought a ticket for the Queensryche Stockholm gig today. I'm quite sure that Klubben will be sold out so even if I don't know I can make it I would like to have the opportunity at least.


I was about to get tickets for the gig at Amager Bio in Copenhagen as well but then I got a hint from a friend another damn cool gig the same day so I really need to decide what to do... We'll see what happens. One thing's sure, it will be a good concert year. It has already started off very strong with Michael Schenker's Temple of Rock, Manowar, Dirkschneider and Up The Hammers.

Another train ride to come to an end very soon!

Cheers
E

NP: Salem - Dark Days

 
 

Inga kommentarer:

Skicka en kommentar