onsdag 24 juni 2015

Re-load and charge

Damn I'm longing for vacation now! The inspiration level at work has been rather low lately, it's just on a few occasions I've felt the same drive as I did during the winter or spring. Of course, the lay-off's take the edge of most things but now this is over. We had tell-day last week and the last ones had today. I haven't heard much how it went in Stockholm but apparently all my connections still have their jobs still. I'm having a meeting with my new manager this Friday. That will be interesting! 

And then it's only next week to work and then I'm off for a while. Not that it will be much rest though since we have 3 big Festivals lined up and a visit to Sandviken and say hi to Mom. 

So, the plan now is Metal Magic Festival and maybe also one Anvil show in UK, we'll see about that! Then there will be a long weekend in German with 3 days of Bang Your Head plus the Warm-Up show.

What a line-up it is at Bang Your Head... There's just like 3-4 bands I don't care all that much about (nothing I don't like at all), the rest is just AWESOME so it will be a hard one... Accept is always good but then I'm looking forward to Queensryche, Y&T & Morgana Lefay the most. And then of course Anvil, Exciter, Hirax, Death Angel, Flotsam & Jetsam and, and, and... You get the point, no use listing the whole line-up! *S*

But it shows it's holiday high-season during this time. The flights was rather ok in price and could have been VERY decent if I'd remembered to book the tickets... But Hotel and perhaps most so, the rental Car. €260 something for a Ford Ka (soap-cup on wheels) for Wed-Sun. Around KIT we paid €70 for a massive Diesel Renault SUV for Thu-Sun... But it will be worth it, it always is!!!

This morning, driving to work I listened to Y&T all the way (have 3,5h drive so I have some time to listen) and that sure is a nostalgia trip. I bought Black Tiger when I was on vacation with my parents -87 or -88 and of course listened to it countless of times. Then I filled up the collection rather quickly so it sure is a band that's been with me for many years. They've also done some of the best and craziest shows I've ever experienced. Just take the Rockland, Sala event where they played over 3 hours the first day and close to 3 hours the second day. Long sets but not boring for a second even.
I was rather disappointed when I realized I was going to miss Y&T playing in Sweden later this fall. We're at the Old Grave Fest in Bucharest then, which of course also is super and will be awesome. So it was extra fun realizing they're playing BYH!

We'll... Since I got up at 5am this morning it's bedtime!

Cheers
E

NP: Y&T - Black Tiger
 
 
 

Inga kommentarer:

Skicka en kommentar