torsdag 30 juni 2011

Screeeeaaam for me Ullevi

It actually feels quite surreal that it is almost a year ago (well, 10 months at least) the tickets for Iron Maiden @ Ullevi, Gothenburg were purchased... But now it's finally time to see them again. I know it will be a superb concert. Maiden can't do anything else, even on bad days they better than all other bands.
I haven't read anything what so ever about this tour. Partly because I haven't had the time to roam the internet, partly because I want it all to be a surprise. Just like the old days when you might have heard someone say something about the stage props, Eddie or the bands outfit. Bruce's pants can be a hot topic years after the concert you know!!!

Even if I've must have seen Maiden about 30 times by now (yeah, yeah, I know, that's not much when you talk about seeing Maiden) I'm still just as excited as I was when I first went in to Johanneshov, my first Maiden concert and first real concert ever, on September 30th 1988... That one will always be very special though, because of mentioned reasons but all gigs I've seen has been great.


Iron Maiden's latest release "From Fear To Eternity" made me think about what Eddie will be like now. Ok, the Tour is still Final Frontier but who know's, maybe Eddie shows up as the grim reaper. I'm not that excited about Best Of albums but despite the coputer produced artwork I thought this one was pretty cool.


But then, speaking of Maiden releases... This one will be interesting. A photo-book and more about life on board of Flight 666.


There's a teaser available on Maidens official webpage and it sure looks promising!!! I'll absolutely place a pre-order for this one! Photobooks are always cool, all books containing pictures (!) are cool. I bought the "Run For Cover" hodling artworks of Derek Riggs a couple of years back. Quite expensive but I've never regretted that!!!

Well, only a few hours left now so perhaps I should try to get some sleep... Really a shame I have to work tomorrow, would have been so much nicer to be home listening to records and just charged for the concert!


Cheers

E




NP: Iron Maiden - Seventh Son Of A Seventh Son








Inga kommentarer:

Skicka en kommentar