onsdag 22 december 2010

Winter Solstice

So, the darkest day of winter has passed, brighter days ahead... Well, it will still be very dark a few more weeks but it's damn good to have a small vacation over Christmas. I know it wasn't long since we went to Malta but that feels ages ago. It has been hard days at work and I've been struggling really hard to find inspiration. It's very frustrating when the work piles up and all I do is run on meetings... Sucks really.

I've been amuzing myself and worked on the cat's skills as a model... He's a little bit resistent towards the job as a Top Model! I think the flash bothers him a bit but it really doesn't matter because as soon as I take out the camera he hides under the bed


Cat in the couch - sick and tired of the photographer

He agrees to do one or two shots but that's not really enough. I would like to have some real close ups where he looks as cute as he normally does when the camera is away. Not as angry has ne does when I start to chase him for photos.


Cat in the kitchen, angry because the photographer never leaves him alone

Naah, then it's much more fun to fight. We have a little routine in the evening so he can run a little and sleep all night. A little bit of hide and seek, then fight behind the door, then sneak some more and of course punch the feet. My feet that is.
The other week he found a piece of a cardboard box and started tossing it around in the air, giving it a good smack and the chase after it. The rubberballs isn't fun at all... The mice were fun until he chewed their tails of (cat toy mice that is), but the cardboard piece has lasted for weeks...

Catfight - FUN!!!

Since my Peavey was in Malmö for the Cult Of The Fox rehearsals I had to dig out my old Marshall and try it. Something happened with it the last time I handed it in to change the tubes. That's normal for tube amps, they need love and care. So I decided it was time to send it to Tommy Folkesson for repair and modification. I've been thinking of that since it died on me in Motlala some years ago. It worked perfectly again when I came home and since it costs a bit to get it done it just never happened. But now it's sent! He said he didn't have time to fix it until week 3 or 4 but as it is now it's no use have it until then. It's better it waits at his place if he get a cancellation or so.


Marshall is the shit

Bubble wrap was fun too, not as fun as paper bags or boxes of course. But if it's possible to hide inside or under something that MUST be tried at least!! The cat didn't really help wrapping the amp though. He just looked disappointed when I took away the wrap!

Suppose bubble wrap is fun after all

Then of course the gig in Göttingen with Cult Of The Fox. The trip down went very smooth, the gig great! Well organized by Hauke and the rest of the Slaktnatt bands did well too, Styggelse, Stormdeath and Dark Horizon. For that kind of gig it was quite a crowd and everyone was in on it. That's really cool with coming to Germany to play, people know your music... Even a band like Cult Of The Fox that only has released demos in small numbers. There are a few pictures and a video on the web-page.

Demofactory - Sea Beneath The Sand

Ok, it was long hours in the car for a short gig... 8 hours each way, a little more on the way home since we took a pit stop at the Border Shop in Puttgarden. So now the stash for wine, whiskey and beer are filled again.

A great weekend... So if you have any gigs for Cult Of The Fox, we're in and we're cheap!!!

Göttingen by Day

So it's been a lot of things going on lately, as usual. So the few days out of office now will be great... Next will be to really think about the Album list of 2010, which will win and which won't make it... There are about 4 that I really have in top, can't decide the individual place for those ones, tricky! And of course, since I'm heading northe for the holidays, to be a little spoilt by mom and dad too over Chrismas!!!

Cheers
E






NP: Ross The Boss







Inga kommentarer:

Skicka en kommentar