måndag 30 augusti 2010

Feel the Pain

The downside with have everything packed though is that it's hard to make a decent meal... It felt both funny and a little embarrasing to fix this nice dinner the day before the move.

Gormet dinner!


Well, the movers were done just after Lunch, then me and Peter had the joy of dragging the things that wasn't moving down the stairs and pack them into the car and take them to the garbage station. The bedmattresses, the old vinyl shelf, a rug, cardboard boxes and other things too large to place in the dumpster downstairs. I was working to fill those quite hard the day prior to the move. Damn I had a lot of trash!
I can't say I felt good this day, even if I was excited to be going. The pain in my body was terrible. A mixture between muscle pain from workouts, really bruised and cramp in all my limbs. I really didn't have any energy left to lift anything what so ever. I don't think I've ever felt anything like it, never been that worked out, exhausted ever. It took a few days for the pain to go away.
We were done with the rest about 3pm and decided it was best to take a drive in at MAX and go home to have a last meal in the old flat. Another nice one, sitting on the bed linnen in the middle of the room eating burgers with nothing but dustrats to watch. Classy!!!
I really thought it would feel harder to give up the place but I didn' feel much at all taking the last tour around the flat. It felt harder to take everthing from the rehearseroom... That was a little strange since I haven't spent much time there the last couple of years.

After Lunch/Dinner we packed the car with some stuff and headed south. I started driving and Peter sat nice and calm on the passange seat. It wasn't much traffic at all so everything went really smooth. A quick stop for toilet, coffee and Ice Cream in Örebro and then off again, now with Peter behind the wheel.



Coffeebreak in Örebro

Food art

I can't say I was as patient as Peter, Örebro is about half way but just sitting watching the road... I got restless in no time. I amuzed myself with chewing on my Calippo, Peter really hates when people chew on ice! Then of course, taking photos of the landscapes outside the car...

Peter getting passed by a Volvo

I still got bored though!


Trees

It really isn't that much fun to take pitures with a mobile camera!



Crazy clouds on the freeway

Especially when it gets darker. There was an amazing pink, purple and steel blue sunset just before we turned into road 42 in Vårgårda, unfortunetely it's impossible to catch that with my mobile camera.


Sunset over Vårgåda


We arrived in Borås just after 10pm. It wasn't time for much at all, neither me nor Peter had energy enough to even connect the TV. Just laid out the camping gear since the new beds we ordered didn't arrive in time for me to pick them up before the moving day. It felt really terrible to not have real beds to sleep in after all the hard work. Luckily we could pick them up at Jysk the mornig after.
It took the movers about 3 hours to get everything in to the new flat, everything was sorted according to the labels on the boxes. Feels good to have a logistic mind sometimes. It was really easy to start unpacking the right boxes becaus of the numbers and the packing list! (yeah, I'm a freak, I know) But it wouldn't have been fun to go through all the 60 moving boxes and the 70 others to find the most important things.
A quick turn to IKEA to get some new shelves and than House Warming Party Nr 1. Uffe and Stefan came over and helped building the Billy's and Expedit's. I was still soar so I took care of the dinner. A good deal I think!!!
The result looks mighty I think! It's two PCs 185cm's shelfs.... Still room for MORE LP's!

Vinyl mania

Then I've spent time to update the Recordlist again! No the 7"'s and the CD's are in there as well! Fully updated besides the last packages I've ordered! More on that later....

At this point record Nr 666 is Corrosion Of Conformity - Blind, that one didn't get as stuck on me as the ones released after that, Deliverance and Wiseblood, still this is a really cult album and most anyone in my generation, that listens to heavy music likes it.

COC - Blind

And record 1000 is a real favorite, Dismember - Like An Ever Flowing Sream. Damn I've listened a lot to this one. Sort of teenage idols! We drove around the country to see them play and it was one of the greatest moments when they were booked to Musikhuset in Gävle to play. There were really cool gigs in that area around the time. The Back Bite Bulk people still talks about but then there were the ones at Folketshus in Gävle, Cafe Q, Lättings... All Old School Swedish Death Metal bands have played here... A few foreign ones too! Vader, Disharmonic Orchestra...


Dismember - Like An Ever Flowing Stream

And record Nr 1666, Iron Maiden - Live After Death... Nothing needs to be said about that one... I remember a cold winter night in the middle of the 80's though, a friend had the VHS of this concert and we watched it at her place, I think that was one of my first encounters with Maiden and I thought it was so cool and SO GOOD! (the thing though, how could you like them, none were really good looking!!! What can I say? Teenage girls)


Iron Maiden - Live After Death

So the vinyls are up, next is the CD's. They won't look as cool as the LP's but I think it will look quite mighty too!

Cheers
E





NP: Winterhorder - Underwatermoon (yep, Israeli Black can be good)








Inga kommentarer:

Skicka en kommentar