onsdag 14 september 2016

Hoards of Chaos

Ok... Managed to time in the doctors conference week in Stockholm again this year so the hotel of choice wasn't really my first on the pick list. Last year I ended up at Sky City at Arlanda Airport and for the Eurovision Song Contest I think it would have been Healthier to sleep on the park bench outside the hotel rather than in the room.
Now I got the Sofo Hotel on Ringvägen, it's actually very nice and cozy but no membership program or anything like that...

Anyway, the point was the offer on TV, an orgie in Hoarders on Fox. Else I could see SVT 1, 2 and 4... Not so much. It seems so crazy that people go bananas over plastic boxes, rotten food, old newspapers and so. Garbage really. Others had more real stuff to collect and then I started thinking how I would react if someone came into my house saying I can't keep my records and guitars? Or take the cats away. Family goes first of course and still everything is neatly stuffed away in shelves and rehearseroom. Not causing danger in the house for anyone. Thinking of my flat in Gävle though no rubbish on the floor as these people has, but the space was used to the max. 

Another show on TV is about people who overconsume according to their incoming assets. I'm of course not there either even if there's new records coming in weekly... I just wonder how I would react if ending up in a situation where I hardly can afford to keep the house. Or that the government decides the house is a hazard because of too many things... 

Well let's hope nothing of this becomes a reality anytime soon so I can keep buying music and keep the scene alive.

Cheers E 

Inga kommentarer:

Skicka en kommentar