tisdag 27 november 2012

The Void Mansion taking shape

Even if it still isn't back to normal fully after the stomach flue, at least it is going in the right direction. The apetite and the energy is coming bac. So this weekend I can arrange a candlelight suppoer in best Hyacint style, apart from the Royal Doulton china though... My fanciest brans reaches to Gefle China år Lasse Åberg design!!! So that will be nice. Still haven't decided what to make though.
 
But even if things happened slow, at least something happened last weekend. Salary day and all we decided to go to IKEA to do some shopping. I needed an Expedit to my office and Peter some bookshelves for his library. Also we needed some spareparts for the shelves in the CD room!!! (yes, we will have a room for CD's only)


 
I need one or two more Expedit for the office the first one filled fast and there are more things that need to be stowed away. I also need a good chair, Peter's old one can't be adjusted the way I need it to so the home work situation is just ok for now (still much much better that the old flat) I'm very satisfied with my office and now when things are coming into place one by one, I hope I can use it a bit more. 
 
 
And I never thought it would be this easy to adjust to use the kitchen for dinner and other meals. I think I used the table in Gävle twice in 12 years, the one in Borås 4 times in 2 years. Now all meals has been ejoyed at the table. At it seems like the storage space will be enough for all our gears, with some help from my wine cellar (ok, food cellar but it is mainly wine in there now). Gonna buy a glass cabinet also beacuse the Pizza plates doesn't fit anywhere.
 
 
It still is a bit empty in the living room. But I think it will be ok as soon as the curtains are up (just need to find suitable ones also) and a bigger table than the one there now. I still think it is very good it is empty now when everything is sort into place, would have been a shame if we'd filled it up right away. 
 
 
The vinyl wall got rather massive. I realized I have been buying a lot of vinyls lately. But ok, since there's been space left for vinyls but not for CD's I guess that's natural! The issue with space for CD's is solved now though! 
 
 
Peter has been working on Sound proofing the rehearseroom/studio also. There's not much needed, just some for some small basement windows and some to avoid the sound bouncing off the walls while rehearsing. And I've saved a spot for a Piano as well... The dumb thing though, checking Blocket, around Borås there's an almost unlimited selection of "come and get them" Pianos, old massive ones. The offering is not as good around Höör though. But it will come!
 
Last week I started to sort out my small shoebox of week-day flat too. It was a big improvement getting the furnitures in place. To get the armchairs from the bathroom to the livingroom was a bit of a hassle though.
 
 
The flat includes furnitures. The guy who lived here before me had his own though and had the ones belonging to the flat stored away. Trying to move the armchairs into the flat I realized the wardrobe was in the way. Trying to move that one it completely fell into pieces. Need to point that out to the landlord so I don't have to pay for it when moving out. Still, there's EXTREMELY much furnitures of 18m2 worth of flat.
 
 
And I guess it will be ok for sleeping a few nights per week. Looks like the 2 days a week in Kista will continue until the summer. And hopefully there will be a few more exiting destinations on the way too.
 
Then there's a kind of dilemma... I bought tickets for Iron Maiden in Stockholm and Malmö, of course. Then just to realize Metal Magic Festival is the same weekend as the Stockholm concert. So Malmö is on no matter what but I don't know what to do with the Stockholm show, if to go or to stay at the Metal Magic Festival.
 
 
Maiden is always Maiden and I think this tour will be very special. To start with, Seventh Son of a Seventh Son was the first real concert I ever went to. Counting out Swedish Monsters of Rock at Folkparken in Hofors, Sweden the month before. Also because that same album is one of my all time favorites of Maiden!!!
 
But I get to see Maiden in Malmö... And the line up for Metal Magic is mighty fine already!!! Hobbs Angel Of Death was fantastic at Headbangers Open Air and I really want to see them again. Also The Black, great at Malta Doom Metal festival but they deserve another chance because they played rather late at Malta and I was DEAD tired. But they were still very good. And of course Martyr, always great to see, an amazing liveband! Life is hard sometimes! :O)
 
 

 
Then the mixing of Cult Of The Fox's second full length album, titled "Angelsbane" is finished. Again Studio Fredman was our choice and it turned out really good. I'm really looking forward to listen to the final product. I guess this record is more personal to me since I didn't take much part in the writing of the last one. This I've been a part of all the way through, contributed to the song writing and arrangements and played almost all guitars. Almost? Well, we invited a few guests but that will be a secret for a little while longer.
 

 
We still need to finalize the artwork and booklet layout. I have some photoediting to do but need a bit of input first to set the right mood in the pictures as well. Anna has again painted the cover and again done a fantastic work... The flyer is just a small pre-taste of what's to come! No release date set yet, Rock It Up Records wanted everything in place before planning everything but I don't think I'm completely out of place if I say it will be a spring release!!!
 
And for Void Moon... Things are moving, interviews coming in as well as reviews, mainly good ones so that feels really good!!!
 
Cheers
E
 
 
NP: SAXON - Strong Arm Of The Law

Inga kommentarer:

Skicka en kommentar