söndag 19 februari 2012

Recordshoppers Anonymous #8

That new vinylplayer we bought a while ago really gets to work hard these days. I really like vinyl of of course but another reason why buying more of it is that the CD-room is full. No more space in there to squeeze more CD's in... (where is that lottery win? I need a mansion, NOW) And ordering Vinyl from TPL is so convenient, they're actually cheaper than the big, commercial places like Ginza and CDON, better service too of course. I got a notofication of my wish list the other day just to make sure me and Patrik has the same view over what should be on there. Even if I've gotten huge packages the last months there's a whole bunch cool stuff coming in too! Will be a nice record year 2012!!!


But there are other places too to buy records. Around the corner from Peter's place in Malmö there is a recordshop called Rundgång. I've been in there a few times when me and Peter just met but then they most had these Indy Pop and other weird stuff. During Christmas, when I tried to take some time off from work I thought I'd check in once more. The same Pop stuff was still there but now they had a section of new Vinyl as well. Most was Black and Death Metal but I found the re-issue of SABBAT "History Of A Time to Come" and the BLOOD CEREMONY albums to a really decent prices. That was a surprise!


They also had a section of second hand vinyl. These days, at least in Sweden the second hand records are very expensive. All from the classic 70's and 80's stuff though Thrash and all of that. Rundgång har really decent prices of the second hand vinyl too, then it's fun to take a chance and buy some odd stuff... Kind of a lottery I think, somtimes there are diamonds in there. Sometimes it's just good laugh! ALIEN, WARRIORSCHARIOTBLOODLUST was really cool, STORM was ok so 4 out of 5 is not too bad. The rest I knew what I was buying but it still is nice to find records I've been looking for without having to cash up too much money.



So it has been a lot of listening to vinyls since christmas. I don't mind getting out of the couch flipping the record over one bit. In some way, I pay more attention to the records I listen to on vinyl compared to CD's or mp3 (the last one only ripped to be able to listen during travels of course). No matter what, there sure are a lot of music to listen to these days... Apart from all these newly bough records, the Festival season starts in a few weeks and I have a hell lot of digging into for Roadburn, Keep It True, Heavy Days In Doom Town, Muskelrock and later on Headbangers Open Air, Skogsröjjet, Rockstad Falun, Alcatraz Metal Festival... There's a small problem with the last two ones though, they clash... We'll see what appeals the most, CRIMSON GLORY in Falun or the ever so strong lineup that is a trademark for Alcatraz Metal Festival... Then I need to squeeze in a few of the JON OLIVA'S PAIN Mountain King gigs as well, that can't be missed but it will be club gigs, no more Festivals....

Cheers
E

NP: SEASONS OF THE WOLF - Lost In Hell


1 kommentar: