lördag 10 december 2011

Where the hell's the SNOW???

So, again there's been a lot to do, both at work and home... The concert season really went out with a bang! Saxon & Anvil x2, Lizzy Borden & Martyr, Iced Earth, Pentagram, Thrash Fest Classics and Motörhead in about a week and a half... That's ALMOST even overdoze for me! So now again, I have a lot to write for Metal Kaoz so it's really nice with a weekend with nothing planned. Ok, I did plan to see Lizzy Borden in Trollhättan today as well but I really don't want to go anywhere today and I really need the rest. Looking forward to another rough week with long days and tons of things to do.
Motörhead did a really good concert last night, Lemmy's soar voice was long gone and the place was packed... I waited the longest I could before leaving for the concert, not hearing anything about a photopass from Livenation. In the end they granted me one but that was too late, I didn't have access to my email at that time. A bummer for sure.



 
One of the reason this week (too) became as tough as it was, was because of the weather. Monday morning driving from Malmö took about double the time as usual. Apparently everyone was going to work at the same time, very early because of the weather so the freeway was packed with cars driving very slow. I had to try and see if it really was slippry. I didn't feel any of that... But the traffic info on the radio said other things. I guess I'm still used to the way of the north when it comes to driving during winter...
Anyway, I had to make a stop halfway between Varberg and Borås getting some air, THEN I realized it actually was rather slippry on the roads but I couldn't feel any of that in the new blue car with brand new winter tyres on it.



After this short break the road was closed... A lorry with a trailer had slipped off the road and was blocking it comepletely. So I had to take a detour from Björketorp via Fotskäl, Asstorp, Hajom and Skene before getting back out on the main road again. Nice drive but NOT when all I can thinnk of is how to ccatch up for lost time without having to stay in the office all night. Arrived at the office about three hours later than planned.

 And then the snow came... At least for a day! Driving home from the Thrashfest Classics it was sowing heavily, the worst time I could  hardly see 10m infront of the car on the freeway. It's a bit exciting to hope you'll see the fence in the middle or that you're on the right side of the hard shoulder when the next indication shows up.

   
But everything went alright in the end, just took a little more time than planned. That seems to be the case for me these days, doesn't really matter if I fly, drive, take the train, especially on monday's, it ALWAYS takes more time, are delayed or breaks down or whatever. The snow didn't stay long though, the morning after Thrash Fest Classics it was raining and in the afternoon everything was gone again, back to dark and gloomy.

So this weekend will be spent listening to music. I have to make up my mind about album of the year list for Metal Kaoz... It's going to be a tough one this year.... That's for sure. Ok, top three was rather simple, Arch/Matheos - "Sympathetic Resonance", Vicious Rumors - "Razorback Killers" and Hammers Of Misfortune - "17th Street" settled rather fast when I started to think about it... It still migth change, who knows. I have to list 5 for Metal Kaoz and now it starts to get hard. Next three, at this point is Hell, Anvil and Saxon... Then Jack Starr's Burning Starr, Blood Ceremony, Krux, Beehler, Cage and a few more climbed fast when I started to get into them. Still need to listen more. Then I know I've mentioned Argus, Slingblade, Megadeth, Uriah Heep, Ken Hensley too. The Riot album is really nice, Anthrax sounds really good, Martyr, Iced Earth... Gonna be hard to choose, that's for sure!!!

Cheers
E


NP: Jack Starr's Burning Starr - Land Of The Dead

Inga kommentarer:

Skicka en kommentar