lördag 28 maj 2011

Recordshoppers anonymous #1

What can be better on a Saturday night than update the record list, drink a little Wine and Whisky and listen to Metal??? Not many things beat that. But I realized one thing, I buy too many records to keep up listening to them as much as I want. Tonight I updated the list with CD's bought since the beginning of the year. Don't know the exact number but there are a few piles on the floor, tomorrows exercise to sort them into the shelf will not be as amuzing I suppose...

But at the moment the list is like this:


Number 666

CONFESSOR - Condemned
A very nice album I say. I didn't realize its greatness until a few years ago. I couldn't take the vocals back in the time. Listening to it a few years ago I realize the resemblances to Nevermore. Of course I liked it right off then.



Number 1000

DIO - Holy Diver
Do I need to say anything about this one? Fantastic album by a fantastic little man who left WAAAAAY too soon.



Number 1666

IGNITOR - Road Of Bones
One of the ones added today. I've been thinking of buying the Ignitor album for a very long time but it never happened. I don't know why because this is really fine Heavy Metal.


Number 2000

KALAPACS - Mitosz
Obscure some might say. Sure, it sounds very strange with the vocals in Hungarian. Still Kalapacs did one of the best performances at Keep It True some years ago. I just wish I'd listened to it more prior to the concert.



Number 2666

NASTY SAVAGE - Indulgence

Well, you shall see a lot before the eyes pop out. THAT almost happened at Thrash Assault Festival a few years ago when Nasty Ronnie all of a sudden decides to strip and plays most of the show in his undees. Cool dude, sure but the hunk factor isn't too high when it comes to Nasty Ronnie.


Number 3000

PRETTY MAIDS - Anthing Worth Doing
A mighty fine album from the Danish guys. One of the best I think in the more recent days.



Number 3666

SKYCLAD - Johah's Ark
Martin Walkyier's way with words has always been phenomenal. I've admired him since the early days of Sabbath, this album is no exception. Not my favorite Skyclad album perhaps but still a damn good record.



Number 4000

TORMENT - The Apparition
This one I bought at the same time as the Spellbinder albums. A quite odd recording. It has some real highlights but the sound is awful which makes it hard to actually take in the music. The Spellbinder albums though are really good, right in my taste of US Prog/Power Metal. Absolutely worth checking out.

Tomorrow I'll update the Vinyls too and the list will look very different again! What can I say!

HEAVY METAL IS THE LAW!!!

Cheers
E





NP - Hawaii - One Nation Underground







Inga kommentarer:

Skicka en kommentar